Each year leading into the winter months I have a massive burst of creative energy and spend 3 months go-go-going. I recently led a retreat in New Mexico for my Freedom Mastermind, co-led the LIVE FREE retreat in Sonoma, Took a trip to NYC and a 2 week trip to Peru and just launched my 2014 Freedom Mastermind. A lot of women I’ve spoken with recently have a lot going on, too.
So when I began packing my bags for a relaxing week home for the holidays, I started to feel into the delightful feeling of cozy…
Cozy is one of my favorite feelings.
Cozy happens when we slow time down…when we drop into the gorgeous stillness of a moment; when we allow our surroundings to soothe us; when we delight in creature comforts; when we create an environment to please; when we just let go.
Amidst all our crazy we need more cozy, wouldn’t you agree?
35 WAYS TO GET COZY
- Wash your sheets and make your bed beautifully.
- Drink tea and read fiction in your beautifully made bed.
- Simmer water, orange peels, cloves and cinnamon sticks on the stove.
- Sit around a fire with friends.
- Ask someone to play with your hair or give you a scalp massage.
- Pack a blanket and a snack and head to the park.
- Tidy your house slowly, in a comfy dress and jewelry.
- Make dinner – complete with flowers & candles – for a friend with a new baby.
- Rub someone’s back.
- Power off your cell phone for a day.
- Read a magazine at a cafe.
- Cook a stew.
- Buy a bunch of lavender and smell it often.
- Build an altar.
- Light lots of candles.
- Dab on some soothing essential oils.
- Make a snack that includes edible flowers.
- Write a love letter to your grandmothers.
- Listen to Billie Holiday while making brunch.
- Eat brunch quietly on the sofa, curled up in a blanket.
- Watch an romantic old movie with your beloved.
- Throw a potluck dinner-party.
- Put lemon and fresh herbs in your water.
- Buy a beautiful fall scented candle.
- Sit quietly and look out your window.
- Eat lunch off your most beautiful dishes.
- Cozy-up with your favorite childhood book.
- Start a craft project.
- Buy flowers that smell gorgeous.
- Take a long bath.
- Do a ritual.
- Have a slumber party with a girlfriend.
- Give yourself a long foot massage.
- Call your mom and ask her to describe the first time you met.
- Do nothing.
–> In the comments below, share your favorite ways to get cozy, along with the ways you’ll cozy-up this week.