With many luxury makeup lines available, it is often difficult to choose which cosmetic and skin care products are not only going to be beneficial for you and the health of your skin but also support the health of our planet via eco-friendly business practices. In search of environmentally conscious and luxury cosmetic and skin care lines, I became acquainted with Jane Iredale at their recent fall collection 2016 product launch in New York City. A number of products stood out to me as beauty must-haves, however first it is important to note why Jane Iredale is right for you:
1) Compassion for Animals: All of Jane’s products are certified as 100% cruelty-free by both PETA and Leaping Bunny – with no animal testing taking place at any point in the product development or manufacturing.
2) Commitment to Quality: Cosmetic manufacturers are required to pass a series of tests, however, Jane Iredale goes above and beyond the mandatory industry testing to ensure that it’s customers receive the highest quality products possible by undergoing a series of additional tests. To learn more about their additional testing here.
3) Concern for the Environment: All product packaging is environmentally responsible and made using entirely recyclable paper derived from renewable resources. All packaging is BPA and phthalate-free and created with the intent to reduce greenhouse gas and CO2 emissions.
4) Commitment to Skin Health: Many of Jane’s products are created with UV-protecting sunscreen and active skin care benefits. Seven products in the line have even been awarded the Skin Cancer Foundation Seal of Recommendation – an award only given to products that have scientifically been proven to sufficiently aid in the prevention of sun-induced damage to the skin. Additionally, all of Jane’s products are non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, and dermatologist tested.
BEAUTY MUST-HAVES: I was able to test out a number of great Jane Iredale products while working on a 5-day fashion editorial down in the Dominican Republic for World Bride Magazine. These products, in particular, stood out to me as products worth investing in:
1) BeautyPrep Face Moisturizer: Not only does this moisturizer nourish and restore hydration to the face and neck, but it also works as a great makeup primer prior to makeup application – leading to longer lasting makeup. This product uses key organic active ingredients and is 100% vegan. I used this product in place of a primer and it worked phenomenally. ($45)
2) Smooth Affair For Eyes Eyeshadow Primer: I have used a number of eyeshadow primers over my many years as a professional makeup artist, and I have to say, this primer really does the job. Available in six beautiful shades, this product is virtually smudge and crease-proof – allowing for seamless and blendable eyeshadow application. Eyeshadow primer is a must for makeup lovers looking to have long-lasting all-day wear. ($32)
3) Hydration Spray: Earning ECOCERT’s Natural and Organic Cosmetics certification, Jane’s Hydration Spray is currently available in 4 unique mixtures that offer varying cosmeceutical benefits. The models (and myself!) all loved using them throughout the day. Each of them has a refreshing scent and leave your face feeling rejuvenated. These also make great setting sprays after makeup application! ($29)
Try out this great eco-friendly luxury cosmetic and skin care line today and experience the Jane Iredale difference by visiting their main website here.