I’ve suffered from breakouts since I was a teenager. Its hard to have clear skin when you’re not the one in control of your hormones. Imbalanced hormones, especially when that time of the month comes around, increases breakouts. Everyone knows not to touch or irritate pimples, but its so hard not to! Believe me, whenever I don’t give into that instinct to pop a pimple, it goes away and I’m not left with red marks all over my face. Your skin is the largest organ of your body. It’s connected to every organ, and has a story to tell. If you suffer from acne, it may be hormonal, poor digestion, or liver function. If you have pimples all over your forehead for example, that means your digestive system isn’t functioning properly. You also might be allergic or intolerant to certain foods. Two common foods that cause breakouts are gluten and dairy. If you think that foods may be causing you to break out its worth it to eliminate those foods from your diet for a week and then slowly incorporate them back to see if you have any side effects or breakouts.
Heres some advice on how to heal acne naturally:
- Drink Plenty of Water– Water helps to eliminate toxins in the body that can cause breakouts. It detoxifies and hydrates your skin. Add some fresh organic lemon juice to your water daily. Not only will you boost your metabolism, but your skin will begin to slowly clear up.
- Change your Pillow Case Every Night– Oil and bacteria build up onto your sheets and pillow cases night after night. You want to allow your pores and skin to breathe. Changing your pillow case every night to a fresh one, will allow your skin to breathe on clean fabric. Also wearing your hair up and away from your face, so you don’t sleep on the oils produced by your hair will help as well.
- Coconut oil– Coconut oil is a great natural moisturizer for your skin. It’s not made with harsh chemicals or fragrances, its pure. The best kind to use, is cold pressed organic coconut oil, because its the purest form. Everyone’s skin is different. Some more oily, dry, or combination, and it changes throughout the year. If your skin is feeling dry, I recommend using a tiny bit of coconut oil to moisturize. You don’t want to clog your pores though, so use coconut oil sparingly.
- Rub Lemon Juice on Face to Reduce Acne Scars– The acid in the lemon juice will sting your skin a bit, but it will also lighten any scars you have on your face. This is the best trick, and it really does work! I used to touch my skin a lot and the scars weren’t pretty to look at. Doing this once to twice a week and leaving the lemon juice on your face for 5-7 minutes will really help lighten and brighten your skin to an even skin tone.
- Sleep– Sleep is good for your entire body and it also helps speed up the healing process. When we sleep our body is restoring and re-energizing. Your face will look refreshed and your acne and acne scars will heal more quickly overnight. Have you ever noticed when you put pimple cream on your face at night and in the morning that pimple is gone? Yes, the pimple cream kills the pimple, but sleep allows your skin to work hard to kill that bacteria.
- Wash your Face with Lukewarm and Cold Water– Never wash your face with hot water! Hot water not only irritates your skin, but it also opens your pores and allows for bacteria to spread. When you use lukewarm water this allows for your to wash your face, but not spread all the bacteria that threatens to create more pimples. Its best to splash your face with cold water at then end of washing your face, to close the pores and not allow for dirt and oil to get in. Another good trick is to fill your sink with freezing cold water and a bunch of ice cubes, and dunk your face in a few times. It not only will wake you up, but it also tightens your skin and makes you look refreshed and awake!
- Avocado– The omega-3 fatty acids that are found in avocado have amazing effects on your skin, when eaten or applied topically to your skin. Mash up a ripe avocado and spread it all over your face, leave on for 10 minutes and your face will feel so soft and smooth. It helps hydrate your skin. Breakouts don’t always happen because of dirt getting into your pores, it can also occur when your skin is dry and imbalanced. Avocado will help to balance your skin.
- Tea Tree Oil– Tea tree oil is powerful. It drys out the pimple and kills the bacteria. You have to be patient, and not use too much, because it is extremely drying and you don’t want to irritate your skin. Its all natural and vegan-friendly so you avoid using products with chemicals or that have been tested on animals. It will not strip your skin of its natural oils and cause further damage. This link shows some great ways to use tea tree oil for acne.
Wel all are beautiful, but with clear skin you feel like you can concur the world!
Love and health,