I met with the creator himself, Justin, of Justin’s Nut Butter this week. He was telling me the story of how he developed his nut butter recipes and the ingredients he used. It got me thinking…if it’s that simple to create any flavor of nut butter, why make some myself?
You don’t see macadamia nut butter often and I like the creamy color and flavor of macadamia nuts. This nut butter is perfect for the holidays. Using only organic ingredients that are super festive! The peppermint oil gives this nut butter a candy cane flavor and the cocao nibs add a nice crunch and color to the nut butter.
You can eat it on toast with some of Justin’s chocolate hazelnut butter, add it to your oatmeal, smoothies, hot cocoa, or add it to your holiday cookie recipes.
-1 generous cup of macadamia nuts
-2-3 TBSP organic coconut oil
-1/2 tsp powdered stevia (3 stevia spoonfuls)
-1/2 tsp salt (optional)
-1 1/2 tsp peppermint oil
-1 TBSP cocao nibs
- Blend together macadamia nuts, coconut oil, stevia, peppermint oil, and salt in blender or food processor on high speed, until mixture is creamy. You may need to add in more coconut oil depending on how dry the mixture is. Add in the coconut oil a little bit at a time until your nut butter is a creamy texture.
- Remove nut mixture into a bowl, and wash your blender.
- Blend the cocao nibs into smaller pieces. You want them to be tiny chips, so they still have a bit of a crunch but aren’t powder.
- Mix the cocao nibs and macadamia butter together gently.
- Pour the peppermint chocolate chip macadamia nut butter into a small mason jar, and enjoy!
**You can add this to hot cocoa, smoothies, oatmeal, and cookie recipes. It will give any recipe a holiday flare!