Hi sweet friends,
Eating and even drinking lots of kale might be considered the newest “trend” but I promise you it is here to stay. While studying under some of the world’s brightest minds in the world of health and wellness, I have discovered that there are certain ‘staples’ of successful healthy living. One of these ‘staples’ is jam-packing your diet with lots of greens so you radiate glowing energy front the inside out.
Not currently filling your plate or your glass with greens? Start making small shifts in your daily routine. If you start your day with caffeine, replace your cup of Joe with a green juice or green smoothie. The chlorophyll and phytonutrients from the greens will ENERGIZE you!
Green juices and green smoothies are an essential component of my plans because they are highly alkalizing, highly cleansing and will flood your body with nutrients when you have them first thing in the morning. Greens are the numero uno most missing food in the Standard American Diet and they are absolutely necessary for detoxification, whole body nourishment, as well as the regulation of blood pressure, cholesterol, and adrenals. Greens are loaded with nutrients that give our bodies energy and aid our bodies in their natural healing processes. I believe that the best time to have a green juice or green smoothie is in the morning on an empty stomach.
Busy? Stressed? Running around and can’t find the time to juice or blend a smoothie? My favorite way to get my greens on-the-go is by adding ALOHA’s The Daily Good which is packed with green goodness to water or coconut milk. Plus, you can add it to your already “green” foods which will further help you stay balanced, centered and thriving.
Here are 5 ways to do this:
1. Add The Daily Good to your green juice. Drinking cold-pressed, raw, organic juice is one of the best things we can do daily to give our bodies the nutrition that we need to heal. It also makes it much easier to get our recommended servings of fresh produce without eating pounds of kale and broccoli.
2. Add The Daily Good to your blended nourishment. Unlike juicing, blending soups and smoothies uses the entire fruit or vegetable – including the skin and all the fiber. The blending process breaks down the fiber, which makes the fruit and vegetables easier for your body to digest and absorb the nutrients.
3. Sprinkle The Daily Good on living foods. Green living foods are high-enzyme, chlorophyll-rich and easy-to-digest foods from which our bodies can easily receive optimal nourishment. Living foods include young organic greens, sprouted nuts, seeds and grains, fruits and vegetables, lightly fermented preparations and dehydrated crackers and snacks.
4. Sprinkle The Daily Good on your salad. Adopting a back-to-nature diet of raw foods is extremely important to the healing process. Raw foods (especially greens) that are prepared correctly are high in enzymes, vitamins and minerals that the body needs AND are so much more nutritious than cooked foods!
5. Add The Daily Good to your wheatgrass shots. Wheatgrass is truly nature’s finest medicine. It contains an impressive array of minerals, amino acids, vitamins and enzymes. The nutrient content in wheatgrass is significant because the human body is made up of similar components. Wheatgrass helps to regulate all our bodily functions and balance our bodies naturally.
To radiant energy + looking better naked,
xo Sarah Anne